Monday, August 2, 2010

She sells sea shells by the sea shore

After Brussels, Belgium, and Anost, Burgundy, France, let me introduce you to Ostende, Belgium. So after the city, the country, here is the sea (and now the National Geographic should be begging me to work for them - 'tis the season I guess! wait, where are the mountains?).



Our holidays began officially last Friday evening, but we're not flying to Japan before Wednesday, so we figured that in the midst of the preparations of our dream trip, we would take a break and go to the seaside. Belgium is a small country, by train it would only take us a little over an hour.



I love the city, I love the country, but the sea... the sea is different. I've always loved the sea, especially the Atlantic Ocean in Brittany. It's a little bit further away though, so I'll make do with the Belgian seaside. The sea is what truly reminds me of the greatness of nature, this is the element that we human beings have always tried to tame but which eventually always breaks free.

That would be fried goat's cheese with mango dressing. As I've declared it my duty to taste every vegetarian goat's cheese salad under the sun, I had to have this one. Not the healthiest, but definitely one the best I've ever had!


See, this divine stuff we're always rambling about in yoga? To me it's nature, and the last little trips I've been taking lately have reminded me why I believe what I believe :-)

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore that last photo. I love the beach, and nature... did my first yoga practice on the beach last week and it was the greatest!
    I've got a contest going on if you'd care to enter :)
    http://callahyoga.blogspot.com/2010/07/ultima-giveaway.html
    Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete